Saturday, June 7, 2008

Another one for the poker players...

Dontcha love it when people insist on blabbing on & on when they obviously have no idea what they're talking about?

Last night, Dad, James, & I were at a poker game in South Austin, and I got a straight flush (YaY!!!). A little later on, this drunk, obnoxious, foul-mouth caught quads against me. He kept saying he should get something for having the high hand of the night. I knew he was incorrect, but Dad insisted on pointing it out to him. He kept going on & on, quite loudly, that we were dumb, and that 4 of a kind beats a straight flush. Of course, dad kept arguing, other people got in on it, & the more people disagreed w/ him, the louder he yelled about it. This one guy that looks & acts a lot like Hurley on Lost said, "dude... yah... three pair is a good hand too..." Anyway, he kept obsessing about it long after everyone else had written him off as an idiot, until his buddy bet him on it, & then proved him wrong on his phone.

What type of person feels the need to be so argumentative, when they obviously dont know?? Even if he was totally positive, why would he feel that strong a need to prove everyone else wrong? Maybe I am just super passive, or not that confident in my own knowledge, but if it were me, and EVERYONE was saying I was wrong, I would keep my mouth shut! I just don't understand this whole "human interaction" thing...

1 comment:

Dray said...

Oooo. I've got an idiot story from the weekend too! I was playing the big Poker Palooza for TFPL and I was at one of the last 2 or 3 tables in the battle of the sexes tournament.

A short stack is all in and called by 3 players. After the flop comes one of the players asks another if they want to check it down.

This is when I say "You can't do that. You can't agree out loud to check him down, it's considered cheating/collusion."

They just laugh and start saying things like "collusion?!?! this isn't Microsoft LOL! No antitrust going one here." I'm just like "whatever I know I'm right (thinking: you're all retarded)."

And then to make matters worse the director comes over to chip up and I wasn't going to say anything but one smartass had to say something about "collusion". And so I asked the director girl "Is it ok to agree with another player out loud to check a short stack down when they're all in?" She says YES!!!!!!!!!!

People are retarded.