Saturday, June 28, 2008

Tubing was....

...not as bad as it was the last time I went... (although it would be nearly impossible to be that bad)... I only got one comment from a stranger regarding my level of white-ocity, and I didn't almost pass out from sunstroke this time.

It was about as hot as The Bad Place, and there were a MILLION people there. Thank you, JR, for warning me about the "Tube Chute"... If he hadn't warned me, nobody would have... All James said was "Oh, it's nothing, just a gradual slope from one part to another"... LIAR. This is me, the person that doesn't like elevators because they fall down too quickly... IT WAS TERRIFYING and I scraped my foot on the wall. When I came out, James let go of me by accident, and I shot right into a group of random strangers... that might have been my favorite part... that, or the weeds that appeared to be magnetized to my butt...

Also, I slathered the SPF a hundred on about an inch thick, from head to toe, and it worked wonders. Except that evidently, I missed my knees. Now, my knees are both BRIGHT red, except for a single thumbprint directly in the center of my right knee. Very fashionable.

Anyway.... back to the positive side... it was NOT as bad as last time... I *almost* enjoyed sporting the oh-so-sexy "Leg-And-Arm-Fat-Squashed-Up-By-Hot-Rubber" look all day.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Don't forget the bone deep bruises from bumping your butt on rocks. :)

Glad you got in touch with the outdoors. I'd still rather be in a tube that in my office any day. :)

I went a to Town of Brenham picnic with my dad - and had way too many "wish Lin was here to see that outfit" moments!

jenn said...

it is just not right for someone that doesn't like outside and rivers so much to get to go tubing when the one who does like it, has to stay home:( Just kidding! i SO SO SO SO SO wish I could go tubing! but i can't, glad you had a better than horrible time! I LOVE YOU!!!

JayAre said...

Glad I could help, but I am sorry that last time was SO terrible ;)