Monday, March 30, 2009

Messed Up Internal Time Clock

Argh... I must say, this is rather annoying... Maybe it's Vegas... We spent a week there, and I could hardly hold my head up past 11 pm. Now that I'm home, and it's desirable to be asleep at 3:30 am, I just can't do it. It's all very weird for me... usually, I'm practically narcoleptic, & can always snooze on command, and in Vegas, I'm good to go on nothing but a shower & neon lights in my eyes. Now, this is the second night in the last few days that I simply cannot sleep. Oh well.

So yah, Vegas :)

James' birthday was the 22nd, so we went for that and for the beginning of March Madness. James thinks they invented that tournament in honor of his birth.

Mom & Dad actually got to meet us there for a few days! It's been AGES since I've been on vacation with my mom, so it was really nice.
I had a mid-day nap partner, and James had a basketball watching partner. I was sad they couldn't stay the whole time.

We stayed at Harrah's, and saw Jersey Boys, Rita Rudner, and a hypnotist show. If you get the chance, SEE JERSEY BOYS. It's really fantastic- definitely one of the best shows I've ever seen anywhere.

We ate at a couple of the best restaurants I've ever eaten at (one was
The Range- pretty much everything we ate was the best thing we'd ever tasted) , and ate THREE TIMES at In-&-Out Burger. yummm... On James' birthday, we ate at The Eiffel Tower Restaurant... wow. I've eaten at some fancy restaurants, but this one was definitely right on up there with some of the swankiest. Our waiter was zees leetle French man weeth zees outRAGEous accente... He seated us at what HAD to be the best table in the house/ in town... up in front of the window, overlooking the strip, with the Bellagio & it's fountains RIGHT in front of us. It was incredible. (see below). They served Amuses Bouches (remember Monica serving them, & Chandler said, "well... they are amoosing..."??) of tiny little cheese puffs, then some AMAZING french bread, then scallops for an appetizer, & our main courses. Then, our waiter came out singing, & carrying this tiny little pudding cup on a plate that had "Happy Birthday" written in chocolate on. THEN, we shared a chocolate souffle (drool), and then a plate of some teeeeeny little candied fruits, chocolates, caramels, nougats, & tartlets. Holy Moly. All the while, we got to watch the fountain show every 15 minutes. :) OOH, the funniest part: I asked where the ladies' was, and the waiter led me all the way there, held open the bathroom door for me, and when I got inside, there was an attendant that held open the stall door for me, & then prewarmed the sink faucet for me before I washed my hands. Sheesh... of course, I couldn't stop giggling about it...

ANYWAY...

We actually got out of town one day & drove to see Hoover Dam... pretty cool. But I'd still rather be in the poker room. The first day we were there, I won a tournament for $380!!! Somehow, even 8 days was not long enough for us... Hopefully, we'll be back soon :)

For all the pics, see
here.



The view from our table at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant.


My hair pretty much stayed messed up because we got to drive around in this cute little red convertible. :)

You can't tell in the picture, but I'm actually in Arizona & James is in Nevada.


Over the dam.

I know, I'm a nerd...


6 comments:

The Johnsons said...

First of all - I love your hair! I'm so glad you had fun in Vegas. When we went we stayed at Treasure Island - I don't really think you can go wrong with a hotel on the strip. We went up into the Eiffel Tower but not the restaurant - we'll have to do that next time! And the Bellagio. Love those fountains!

The Johnsons said...

One more thought - from the sounds of it I'm surprised the people in the restroom didn't wipe your bottom for you with a warm towel. Ha!

jenn said...

YAY! glad you had a good time! you are SO cute!!! miss you bunches!

Jessica said...

Sounds awesome. Your description of the meal made my mouth water! Super cute Nevada/Arizona picture!!!

Dana said...

I have to agree ith Erin - LVOE the hair! I'm glad y'all had a good time in one of your happiest places on Earth! :)

Dray said...

Yeah I've noticed all your comments on my blogs have been at the butt crack of dawn.

Props again for taking down those donks.