Thursday, March 5, 2009

addictions, basketball, scales, honks and wedding bells

Last week, Mom came up for a few days! To give you an idea of how long it's been since she's been to Austin, she cashed in her gift certificate from last Mother's Day, and got facials at a nearby day spa. Let's just say... I may very well have a new addiction... If you've never had a facial, GO GET ONE. NOW. *purrrrr* Mom & I had a great time drinking coffee, shopping, and we accidentally found another addiction...

A couple of days ago, James took me to a UT basketball game... we sat on the 2nd row, right between the basket & the Baylor bench. I know, I know, I'm not exactly Sporty Spice, but I infinitely prefer attending a game than watching one on TV. Anyway, thanks to James' CraigsList prowess, we had amazing seats, and had a blast. Of course, we recorded the game on ESPN, and when we got home, we were able to see ourselves EVERY TIME the game was on our end of the court! And thanks to my new hot pink longhorn shirt, Dad, Mom, Ava, & Granddaddy could pick us out on the TV. And saw me get up & go to the bathroom just before the end of the first half. Darn that paparazzi...

My last post was about boycotting the gym... between my second week at the gym and the time I gained 3 lbs, I switched scales... at the end of the week, dad came up & said, "HEY! Your scales are about 6 lbs heavy!" He'd just weighed at the doctor's office, so I'm sure it was accurate, which actually means I lost 3 lbs, but by the time I figured that out, it was too late... (see my second new addiction above). Oh well... I've unboycotted the gym now. blegh. I kinda liked having an excuse...

Tonight at trivia, when we got there, I was still doing my eyemakeup, so I thought I'd stay in the car & finish up, & told James to go on in & get our names on the list. When I finished, I tried to get out, but the car locked me in & the alarms started flashing & honking. Everyone was walking by, looking in like, "what a moron..." for about 5 minutes til James came back out to rescue me. It was embarassing...

Am looking VERY forward to my cousin's wedding shower this weekend :)


That's about it for me... what have YOU been up to?


*muah*

Lookit us!!! it looks like i'm wearing something on my head, but i'm not...


3 comments:

Jessica said...

Way cool! And don't like - you've never been ashamed of your pink boa feather hat before now!

Dana said...

Well, you have been busy! And by the way....thanks to a reflection of something, it looks like y'all are sitting directing behind a priest. I'm sure you aren't but I just thought I would share. :)

*Lin* said...

Dana-
I think he actually was wearing something around his neck, and I couldn't tell what it was, but I certainly hope it was not a priest's collar, given the language he bombarded the refs & the Bears with!