Sunday, August 31, 2008

Blast From the Past

This morning, James & I went to the Methodist Church with his family to tell them the news, and I had a moment that made me laugh out loud.

Usually, when we go to church with his family, I know more than half the songs they sing there, but today, I thought I only knew two. In the middle of the service, the choir started up a lively song that I have not thought about in YEARS...

Anyone remember the "See Your Mama Cooking Quaker Oats" song???

The presentation was a bit different (IE: tambourines & maraca gourds), but the jubilant feeling of the song took me straight back to Camp Blue Haven.

For those of you unfamiliar with the Quaker Oats song, it's an African song meaning "We are Marching in the Light of God".

I lol'd :)

2 comments:

The Johnsons said...

That is hilarious! I sing that song at random times while I'm cleaning or just flipping through the tv and Gregg always looks at me funny. Have fun shopping today!

Dana said...

The LAST song I was expecting you to say was that one! I haven't thought about it in so long. TOO FUNNY! I was with Mom when she read it and I had to sing it for her. You gotta love random CBH flashbacks!