Saturday, April 26, 2008

first post- a slightly disjointed catch up

For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to be some kind of mashup of June Cleaver and Martha Stewart... minus the whole jail thing, of course... but more fun... maybe add a little Bridget Jones in there.

Recently, I quit my Office-Space-Cubicle-Hades type job, and started my dream job, working from home. Well... it's not actually my home yet *fingers crossed*, but I'm working on it. My boyfriend James has a DirecTV franchise, and works from home, so I have become his new Office Manager. If you don't believe me, just ask my new super-official business cards.

Today is Saturday, and I've just finished Week 1 of the Dream Job. There's lots to do. I've mostly just been filing, so far. James' files have been completely disorganized, with papers just stacked in piles, dating back to January of 04. He needed me.

At this point, you may scratch your head and say to yourself, "... Lindsey?? the same Lindsey I know?? organized?? *pfft*..." Now, I know, I am not always what one might call a "neatnik" (no snickering allowed), but let me refresh your memory.

Does anyone remember me in school? I always had matching spiral notebooks, folders, and pens for each class. How about the time I was asked to create a notebook detailing the job duties for the receptionist position at my old job? It was color coded and cross referenced. More recently, has anyone seen my Poker Notebook? Not only is it color coded & cross referenced, it efficiently & concisely stores the records of every poker game I've ever run.

I am the perfect candidate for this job. I have a somewhat unhealthy obsession with office supplies. Give me a project, and I instantly flip into Turbo Anal-Retentive Organized Barbie mode (complete with pink file cabinet). I will have this office so micro-organized that James wont be able to find a thing in no time!

Anyway, I'll be keeping everyone that cares (or is bored enough to read this) up to date with my goings-on here. And I promise not to be so long-winded in future posts.

Coming soon: Max's First Bath (complete with pictures!)

8 comments:

Dana said...

I have NO doubt that you will be an amazing Office Manager! Maybe James will hire you out to me for a week. My classroom is a wreck!

*Lin* said...

Aww YaY!! My Best DanaPie is my first comment on my blog!! thanks, babe... would be happy to :) Luv u!!

Jessica said...

Welcome to the blog-o-sphere! Remember comments are like cooties - you gotta give some to get some. :)

Dray said...

I found your stash of paper towels in your cabinets at work. Much more impressive than mine at the front!

Kellie said...

So do you get to work in your pjs?

jenn said...

my favorite linnieBee is blogging...on blogger!!!! yeah! welcome aboard! congratulations on your new job! and good luck! ♥I LOVE YOU♥

GMK said...

I love to share blogs.Can't wait to hear more from you!

JayAre said...

working in PJ's.
umm...
IHATEYOUIHATEYOUIHATEYOU!!1!