Monday, June 15, 2009

VBS mission trip?

James and I like to frequent a neighborhood karaoke bar. Neither of us has ever participated, but it's fun watching people perform, and usually plays pretty good music. And they serve popcorn & chex mix for free. The other night, we were there with a couple of friends, and one of them decided to sing, so we were perusing the book. (Am so proud of her! I don't think I could do it.) I, of course, was looking to see what children's/ Disney type songs they had, and was amazed... They had a WHOLE CATEGORY of kids church songs!!! I threatened to get up and sing B-I-B-L-E or Who Did Swallow Jonah, but James said no. :) They even had "An Austrian Went Yodeling"!!!! (which, I may or may not have thought was called "An OSTRIDGE Went Yodeling" until my senior year of high school...)

Anyone up for hosting VBS in a bar?

6 comments:

jenn said...

when i think of VBS i think of an ostrich went yodeling and matt norwood:) it makes me smile! i would have sung with you!!!

The Johnsons said...

an Ostridge went yodeling... What were you thinking?! :) I think VBS in a bar is a great idea! Especially that song - I can picture men at happy hour swaying with their beer mug in their hand shouting about an ostridge yodeling. They would love it!

Dana said...

I'm for it! And for the record, I thought it was ostridge until I saw your post. That song makes so much more sense now!!

Amy said...

Okay,now. You girls are really scaring me.... an ostrich?! Yodeling?! Really....

*Lin* said...

Hey, a song about an ostrich yodeling doesn't sound at all out of the realm of possibility when it's sung between a song about Lit-tle birds saying "Good Morning! Good Morning!" and another where you get to play the throat-bagpipes...

Dana said...

Preach it, Lin!

Can't wait to see you this weekend!