Saturday, November 22, 2008

Friday Night Date Night

I learned a couple of things last night:

First:
Friday Night, 9:45 + High School Musical 3 + Bolt (in Disney Digital 3D) = bad time to go to the movies. Like OMG, every preteen/ teenage girl & all their BFFs & all their boyfriends in like, Austin, like HAD to be there. Like totally.

Secondly, don't show up 5 minutes before the movie starts for the new James Bond move... it's a hard one to watch from the second row. True to Classic 007 style, there's LOTS of shoot-em-up-punch-em-in-the-face-drive-real-fast action, and it gets a bit dizzyfying from that close up. Like the first Daniel Craig-as-Bond movie, it has a different style & feel from all the older ones. It had a LOT of very striking symoblic social & political commentary in it, and there's not as much car-drooling to do as usual, but I really enjoyed it anyway. I never thought I'd like a BlondeBond better than Pierce Brosnan, but I must say, I do lurrrrve Mr. Craig.

James took me to dinner at one of my favorite Mexican food places (Chuy's), even though he's not particularly crazy about it. And he didn't complain once that the wait was an hour. Like a champ, he just waded through the hoardes of people at bar area, & snagged us a table as soon as he could, so we could stuff our faces on chips & salsa before we could be seated at our real table. Then, during the interlude between dinner & the movie, we went to Barnes & Noble to do a bit of research for our next NYC trip, WHICH IS IN JUST 15 DAYS!!!!

It was a fun, relaxing evening, and I think I'm still full of chips-n-salsa...

1 comment:

Dana said...

It does sound like a good night! And NYC again in 15 days!? How is the world, girl!?!?

Will you be with your folks for any length of time this week? Since I haven't seen you in forever, it would be great to hug your neck! Love ya!