Wednesday, September 10, 2008

you have a baby.... in a bar...

Sunday, James & I went to Pleasanton for a poker tournament. It was held in the local dance hall, which I had never been to. Even though it was in the afternoon, and hardly anyone was there, the whole place was hazy with years of heavy cigarette smoke & smelled of sweaty cologne & stale alcohol. Blegh.

The front of the building is small, just a bar with a few tables & a jukebox, then, you have to go through a hallway to the main dancehall/ stage in the back. Evidently, they rent out the space for parties and such, because the remains of the most recent shindig were still there during the poker tournament.

Hanging from the ceiling, there were bright pink, heart shaped signs declaring, "Baby's First Birthday!!!"

2 comments:

Jessica said...

LOL. I laugh because I can totally imagine that.

Amy said...

I LOVE that movie!!! Only in the South....