Wednesday, September 17, 2008

helloooo from San Diego...

I could input a crude "Anchorman" joke here.... but I'll refrain... I am very mature that way...

My parents and I left Pleasanton in the 7s for the airport this morning. Got to see an amazing sunrise, & mom & dad treated me to a lively chorus of "Red Rubber Ball". We had some amazing stickybuns at this little bakery in San Antonio. Yes, I got icing down my shirt & in my hair. None on my elbows or feet though, so yay me.

We arrived in San Diego (via Houston), but I have no idea what time. Somehow this time change business does not register in my brain. After a bit of a "Clampetts go to Maui" type checkin, we got settled in our room for a big fat nap. Had dinner at a Yummm restaurant that was literally on the bay. We rolled back to our room, (not because we are hip & use cool lingo, but because we were so full, we actually had to be rolled) and since I am not a fan of waking up in the 5s, I decided to go ahead & wash my hair for tomorrow. After nearly an hour of trying to blowdry my hair, it still was not dry, and I was beyond frustrated. My sweet dad finished blowdrying it for me, just like he did when I was small! Dad really is a peach... a bit odd sometimes, but a complete peach.

I really am going to have to get a new blow dryer... although maybe all blowdryers get tired & smell like theyre burning after being on for that long...

anyway, who cares... I GEDDA HUG MY TYLER TOMORROW!!!!! I bet he'll be all pretty in his uniform...

2 comments:

Amy said...

Man- Joe Beam would be so proud of me!! I knew I should have called your mom after I realized I missed her birthday - "Happy Birthday, MB!" and now you are in California!! Have a wonderful, wonderful, time together, and bring back lots of pictures!! Tell Tyler we are all so proud of him -

Anonymous said...

We're counting on you to give us a daily record...with pictures!